All Year: Sundays from 10.30am to 1.00pm
Winter: Wednesday evenings from 7.30pm to 9.30pm (sign up on the rota)
Summer: Wednesday evenings from 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Members can downlaod 2018 Winter Wednesday Night Social Tennis Rota in the Members Area, under Document Downloads.
For further information please contact Elizabeth Laurent.
The rules governing Court Courtesy can be found in the 'Membership and Playing Rules and General Information' document on the club website. The following is further guidance for social play on summer Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings:
- Singles may only be played if no one is waiting; anyone then arriving should be invited to join in.
- A set already in progress at the start of social play may be completed, but the players must then make way for social tennis.
- If there are less than 20 players attending, players may mix and match who they play with as they come off court.
- In these circumstances, play will be the first to 6 games only (e.g. 6-2 or 6-5, etc).
- However, when courts are full members waiting should put their names on the white-board in the order they arrive, using the correct white-board marker provided.
- The first person on the list may choose any combination of players from the next 6 members on the list.
- In these circumstances, play will be a total of 7 games to ensure that turnover of courts is rapid and everyone has an opportunity to play.
- As members go on court, their names are removed from the board. When players come off court, their names are put back onto the bottom of the white-board if they wish to play another game.
- Members chosen from the waiting list cannot refuse to go on in the hope they will get a better game. Players wanting a break must therefore remove their names from the waiting list and then in due course add them back at the bottom of it.
- AFTER PLAY, ensure the BALLS are collected from the courts and put back on the SHELF IN THE BAR for use at a later date.
- Also, please ensure that lights are switched OFF (if used).